Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wild Ride of Winter

Wowzers! There is just to much that has happened in the last month or so to be able to give any real description of it. If you are anything like me a bunch of words on a blog page is a pretty big turn off, so... I will just keep it short and to the point with some captions for a few pictures so you can see what Lina and I have been up to over the last month.



First..... (drum roll) We got married! .. November 22, 2008... I cried a lot as did a bunch of other people I was told. Most everyone seemed to say that it was one of the better weddings they have ever gone to. I think one or two even said it was the BEST! With a bride as lovely as Lina... absolutely. It was a day I will never forget!


HONEYMOON
Next, we took off to Argentina. I had been keeping the trip a secret from Lina, but being as smart as she is, she caught a name off of an email that I accidentally showed her and she figured it out. She was gracefully not going to say anything, but I knew that she knew. I don't know if she knew that I knew that she knew, but maybe we can save that for another time.




We started in Buenos Aires spending a couple days alternating between sleeping, walking around the city and eating. Argentina has some of the best wine and certainly the very best meat in the whole world. That steak there grilling on the Parilla ruined me for life. No other steak will be able to match... soft as butter and a flavor that is out of this world!



The second part of the trip was truly the very best. We booked a room at the Sheraton right next to the Cataratas Iguazu... the Iguazu waterfall. They we kind enough to give us a free bottle of Champagne becuase we were newlyweds.





This waterfall in on the boarder between Argentina and Brazil. It is 1.67 miles wide and has over 200 individual single waterfalls that make up the whole falls itself. The Iguazu river flows out of the Amazon area and dumps millions of gallons of water over this falls.













COSTA RICA

After a much too quick trip to Woodland and then a cozy ... and a bit of a sad Christmas back here in La Habra, we took off to Costa Rica for a visit with the family that I lived with while I was living and working there from '96-'99.





Franklin and Xinia Guerrero





We had a great time kicking around the city with my tican sisters, Diana and Nela. The youngest Caleb, was out with friends much of the time. It was great to be able to reconnect and share some time together.


Thanks so much for all of you who have supported Lina and I during these last couple of months. We have often been dealing with emotional whiplash, bouncing between such excitement and sadness as well. Both Lina and I have been so encouraged and blessed by your friendship and care.

No comments: