Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

It was a joy celebrating my first Mother's Day this past Sunday. I am thankful for my mom and mother in law and the wonderful women they are. It is so fun seeing them as grandmas with Muira. I am so grateful to have mothers that enjoy each other. Put these two together and some extraordinary adventure is bound to happen.

Muira spoiled me for my special day (she's quite advanced). I woke up to blueberry pancakes and coffee and this fun surprise for me on the table.

I have loved being a mom so far with all its challenges and sleepless nights. It is still hard to believe that we have a beautiful daughter and that I am entrusted to raise her (thankfully with God's and Mark's help). I love seeing her sleep peacefully after a feeding. I love her little smile that has emerged. I look forward to the many years ahead of mommihood and all that I know I will learn.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Mother's Day! (late of course) I love the pics, and I can't wait to meet Muira this week and see your motherhood-glow in person.